1) Track “problem Trends” early – at the first sign of sagging numbers, lack of performance, product slumps, etc. immediately seek to find the problem and address the issue early.
2) Read books and magazines that are outside your industry and usual reading patters. This is a great way to keep a broad perspective and come up with new ideas.
3) Take two retreats annually – Get out of the office and away from your day to day routine to develop longer term strategies.
4) At the end of each day, take a moment to reflect on what was effective and what was not.
5) Have fun – For Bill, you can see he has a great sense of humor – check out this hilarious video mocking his time in retirement featuring cameos by Brian Williams, Steve Ballmer, Matthew McConaughey, Jay-Z, Bono, Steven Spielberg, George Clooney, Jon Stewart, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, and Al Gore… From the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, during his last keynote address.
Please share this post with others:
As we approach April Fool’s Day, check out some of the practical jokes and office gags at Clean Business Jokes